Accessibility Accreditation for Rights & Inclusion Australia
- Rights & Inclusion Australia
- Accreditation Level:
- Date Accreditation issued:
- 4 Apr 2022
Digital Accessibility Conformance Evaluation
A technical evaluation of 5 pages was conducted. The pages selected constitute an accessibility audit of the website. These pages were selected by Web Key IT and agreed on by the client as representative of the overall accessibility and functionality of the website.
The evaluation was completed in accordance with the WCAG Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM) which can be viewed at http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-EM/.
The pages were audited manually and cross-checked using a team of website evaluators to ensure that the results and comments presented are valid and comprehensive.
Accessibility support baseline
- Website/Application Tested:
- Date Tested:
- 14 Oct 2021 - 4 Apr 2022
- Scope of test:
- 5 pages selected as a representation of the website in accordance with the W3C WCAG Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM).
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 at https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/
- Conformance Level satisfied:
- WCAG 2.1 to Level AA
- Technologies relied on:
- Primary Browser/s:
- Chrome 94, Firefox 93
- Secondary Browser/s:
- Number of pages evaluated:
- Valid from:
- 4 Apr 2022
- 4 Apr 2023
Remaining Issues and Exceptions
Whilst Rights & Inclusion Australia has gone to great lengths to make all the online content in their website AA accessible, there are some aspects on this website, including some third-party content, which Rights & Inclusion Australia do not currently have the ability to bring into conformance with WCAG 2.1 to Level AA.
- There are some videos present on the site that do not have audio description for content that is shown visually and not already described in the audio track. However, “Easy Read” documents have been provided, where possible, to present the information present in the videos in a text format. In addition, closed captions have also been provided for the videos.
- There is a table in the Membership form journey that has two empty table headers. Text is currently unable to be added to the table headers at this point in time.
Certificate of Web Key IT Pty Ltd Accreditation
- Certification Number:
This website has been evaluated through a rigid manual process of technical audit of all of the sample pages against WCAG 2.1 to Level AA and meets the requirements of WCAG 2.1 to Level AA.
WCAG 2.1 also forms the content of the ISO Standard ISO: IEC 40500:2012 which can be located at https://www.iso.org/standard/58625.html
The content of WCAG forms the standard for digital accessibility compliance in EN 301549 and AS EN 301549 “Accessibility requirements suitable for public procurement of ICT products and services in Europe” which has been adopted in Australia as AS EN 302549. This standard includes:
- web content
- electronic documents
- non-web software, such as native mobile apps
Information can be found at http://www.w3.org/WAI/news/2018-09-13/WCAG-21-EN301549/ and http://mandate376.standards.eu/standard.