Digital Accessibility Audit & Accreditation
A technical audit will provide you with an in-depth evaluation of the accessibility of your digital content or product, highlighting areas that need attention and offering suggestions to maximize inclusion for users with disabilities.
We automatically test A to AAA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0/2.1) criteria but provide filtering on the report so that you can adjust that if required e.g., to screen out AAA.
To achieve the ADWebKey Gold Accreditation, the digital product must conform to WCAG (2.0 or 2.1) to level AA, as confirmed by a technical audit by ADWebKey.
To achieve the status of ADWebKey Platinum Accreditation, in addition to the conformance required for Gold Accreditation, user testing is performed by Web Key IT’s User Testing Team with resolutions to any reported critical issues addressed.
We choose a sample of website pages and documents to reflect the overall accessibility of the website. This is done by the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM) and the recommendation of the Australian Government Digital Transformation Office (DTO). The DTO recommends that a manual technical evaluation be carried out on at least 10% of the number of pages of the website in addition to the use of automated accessibility scans. We realize this amount of pages may be unaffordable for many organizations, and we will work with you to choose the best sample possible.
The sample of pages is rigorously checked and cross-checked against the WACG (2.0/2.1) compliance criteria. This is followed by a final quality assurance check to ensure all audit results are as reliable as possible.
We also offer user testing completed by our team of Australian-based users with disabilities who are experts in accessibility relating to their particular assistive technology. Our user testing team consists of members who are blind, have a mobility disability, hearing disability, dyslexia, dyscalculia, low vision, color blindness, and epilepsy. The feedback generated from these users comes in an anecdotal form, allowing you to understand how they experience the journey/s given to them.
Once complete, we provide you with a comprehensive report detailing:
- The WCAG 2.0/2.1 checkpoint to which the issue relates
- Screenshots of problems we encounter
- Our technical auditors’ comments
- Our recommendations on how to put the issue right
- Our recommendation on prioritizing items
- Result graphs enabling a visual high-level overview of results
- Executive Summary (if this option has been requested)
- Our user tester comments (if this option has been included)
Additional audit and consulting options
As part of our consulting services, we work alongside your in-house team and developers to ensure accessibility is considered at every step, saving you time and money. For example, if colors prove to be inaccessible, it is much more efficient to make sure they pass the color contrast requirements before going live.
We can also assist with specific stage reviews and advice as you develop or redevelop your website. For example:
- Wireframe reviews – As you draft new page designs, we can review them and offer advice and feedback before they become templates. We identify possible issues with accessibility so that your page developers can code your templates with those in mind.
- Template testing – we will review your templates and identify any accessibility issues before you start to fill them with content.