Accessibility Accreditation for Moodle Mobile App
- Moodle Mobile App
- Accreditation Level:
- Date Accreditation issued:
Digital Accessibility Conformance Evaluation
A technical evaluation of 15 pages was conducted. The pages selected constitute an accessibility audit of the website. These pages were selected by Web Key IT and agreed on by the client as representative of the overall accessibility and functionality of the website.
The evaluation was completed in accordance with the WCAG Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM) which can be viewed at http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-EM/.
The pages were audited manually and cross-checked using a team of website evaluators to ensure that the results and comments presented are valid and comprehensive.
A separate and external testing of these pages has been conducted by a group of trained testers, all with disabilities. All items that related to WCAG 2.1 level AA compliance have been remediated and as many of the usability issues as practical and within scope have also been addressed.
Accessibility support baseline
- Website/Application Tested:
- Moodle Mobile App in Android and iOS
- Date Tested:
- 22 Mar - 30 Jun 2021
- Scope of test:
- 15 screens
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 at https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/
- Conformance Level satisfied:
- WCAG 2.1 to Level AA
- Technologies relied on:
- Xcode for Apple, Java for Android
- Primary Browser/s:
- Secondary Browser/s:
- Number of pages evaluated:
- Samsung S10, Samsung S20, Samsung S21, Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime, Google Pixel 3XL, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8
- Valid from:
Remaining Issues and Exceptions
Whilst Moodle has gone to great lengths to make all of its online content AA accessible, there are some aspects on this application, which Moodle do not currently have the ability to bring into conformance with WCAG 2.1 to Level AA.
- Some remaining colour contrast issues relating to text
- A button in the iOS version of the app visually labelled "All Sections" reads with assistive technology as "Section, main, landmark, combo box, list box pop-up, collapsed" regardless of currently selected dropdown.
Certificate of Web Key IT Pty Ltd Accreditation
- Certification Number:
This website has been evaluated through a rigid manual process of technical audit of all of the sample pages against WCAG 2.1 to Level AA and meets the requirements of WCAG 2.1 to Level AA.
The website has also been evaluated by the Web Key IT Pty Ltd team of users with disabilities to ensure that none of the user journeys selected posed an issue for these testers/disabilities.
WCAG 2.1 also forms the content of the ISO Standard ISO: IEC 40500:2012 which can be located at https://www.iso.org/standard/58625.html
The content of WCAG forms the standard for digital accessibility compliance in EN 301549 and AS EN 301549 “Accessibility requirements suitable for public procurement of ICT products and services in Europe” which has been adopted in Australia as AS EN 302549. This standard includes:
- web content
- electronic documents
- non-web software, such as native mobile apps
Information can be found at http://www.w3.org/WAI/news/2018-09-13/WCAG-21-EN301549/ and http://mandate376.standards.eu/standard.