Accessibility Accreditation for DFES Annual Report Microsite
- DFES Annual Report Microsite
- Accreditation Level:
- Date Accreditation issued:
Digital Accessibility Conformance Evaluation
A technical evaluation of 5 pages was conducted. The pages selected constitute an accessibility audit of the website. These pages were selected by Web Key IT and agreed on by the client as representative of the overall accessibility and functionality of the website.
The evaluation was completed in accordance with the WCAG Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM) which can be viewed at http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-EM/.
The pages were audited manually and cross-checked using a team of website evaluators to ensure that the results and comments presented are valid and comprehensive.
Accessibility support baseline
- Website/Application Tested:
- Date Tested:
- 22 - 29 Sep 2021
- Scope of test:
- Entire website
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 at https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/
- Conformance Level satisfied:
- WCAG 2.1 to Level AA
- Technologies relied on:
- Primary Browser/s:
- Chrome 94, Firefox 92
- Secondary Browser/s:
- Number of pages evaluated:
- Valid from:
Remaining Issues and Exceptions
Whilst Department of Fire and Emergency Services has gone to great lengths to make all of the online content in this microsite AA accessible, there are some aspects on this website, including some third-party content, which DFES do not currently have the ability to bring into conformance with WCAG 2.1 to Level AA.
Limitation of Accessibility in Code
- Parsing Errors - Some validation issues are unable to be amended due to gatsby abstraction
- Incidents Map
- There is currently no alternative for the map
- Unable to zoom in and out on the map via keyboard alone
- Unable to expand on the area by selecting the number via keyboard alone
- Low colour contrast of text inside of map
- Nonsensical linked items with the map
Certificate of Web Key IT Pty Ltd Accreditation
- Certification Number:
- WK- DFES_AR_2021
This website has been evaluated through a rigid manual process of technical audit of all of the sample pages against WCAG 2.1 to Level AA and meets the requirements of WCAG 2.1 to Level AA.
WCAG 2.1 also forms the content of the ISO Standard ISO: IEC 40500:2012 which can be located at https://www.iso.org/standard/58625.html
The content of WCAG forms the standard for digital accessibility compliance in EN 301549 and AS EN 301549 “Accessibility requirements suitable for public procurement of ICT products and services in Europe” which has been adopted in Australia as AS EN 302549. This standard includes:
- web content
- electronic documents
- non-web software, such as native mobile apps
Information can be found at http://www.w3.org/WAI/news/2018-09-13/WCAG-21-EN301549/ and http://mandate376.standards.eu/standard.